The ESG Procedure
The ESG procedure is performed under anesthesia and typically takes 1 to 2 hours to perform. Patients generally go home the very same day.
1. Before the ESG Procedure
The ESG procedure is designed to work with a diet and exercise program to jump-start weight loss. Before the procedure, we recommend that you:
- Work with their PCP, gastroenterologist and/or endocrinologist to create plans to improve and enhance health.
- Create connections with support groups and visits with a dietician.
- Maximize success by viewing ESG or Revision as an important tool to help in your overall weight loss effort.
2. What to Expect During the First Few Days
A little discomfort and nausea are normal in the first 48 to 72 hours after the procedure, but neither lasts for long. To reduce post-procedure symptoms, you will be provided with medications that can be taken as needed.
In order for your stomach to adjust, it is best to ease yourself into eating solid foods.
3. Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Long Term
Very importantly, for ongoing health and weight management and monitoring, we encourage all patients to work with their primary care physician to create plans to improve and enhance health. It is important to create a connection with support groups and visits with a dietician. To maximize success, we urge patients to view ESG as a jump-start—a way to kick off a complete plan to achieve lasting weight loss by focusing on establishing healthy lifestyle choices and incorporating effective diet and exercise programs.